Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Day 285: BHAG

I was reflecting on sadness the other night. And as I did, some aspects of my take on life started to settle in a new way. 

I always knew I was drawn to "happy things."
It's my default answer to any question about my preferences in music or media. But I wasn't very clear on the details of why.  

Upon further pondering, I think I revealed what iPEC (my coach training program) would call my BHAG: Big Hairy Audacious Goal. 
This is basically a goal of a lifetime. Of which there can be many (you're not limited to just one).

I think my BHAG is something within the realm of helping the world overcome unhappiness. I'm still working on the wording, but basically it's helping ppl to become happier in their lives. And that starts (and ends) with understanding and knowing yourself. 

When I reflect back on my life, just two years ago - heck, even one year ago - the happiness I feel now is night and day different. Which sounds like a drastic shift, because it really is significant! And the overall level of satisfaction and appreciation I feel are off the charts compared to before.

The fascinating thing about this is, my life is not perfect nor is there an illusion of such. My reality is not the stuff of my dreams nor do I love every moment of every day. 

But I do love my life. 
More than I ever have.
And I love who I am more than I ever have.
And I love more deeply experiencing what it means to be human. 
And most of all, I love understanding myself better. Because that is what makes all of the other things possible.

There's a chance as I, Present Sarah, was thinking about Past Sarah and how down she used to feel, that Present Sarah started to cry. 
Present Sarah started to cry because she doesn't want anyone to feel bad or sad. Because she knows how great it feels to feel good and happy and she genuinely wants that for everyone. Because she knows that we all have the capacity to better understand ourselves, which is the real key to happiness. And then she thought, 
"oh my gosh, Bre was right. I am a Care Bear!"

Guess I know my next Halloween costume...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.