Sunday, November 6, 2022

Day 261: Squash Seed Roast

Remembering our fallen heroes. 

Approximately one week ago, dozens and dozens of fresh-faced Seeds began Basic Cleaning.
It was a long and frigid week.
Some wondered why it was taking so long to complete. 
"Why are we still in the fridge?! I'm ready to see some action, now! I'm ready!"
Patience.
Patience is a virtue and we rely on all of our Seeds to have this virtue.
Especially, in heated times of pressure.

Finally, after a grueling 7(ish) days, Basic Cleaning was complete.

These guys were now on Roast duty.
About 3/4 through their shift, a "Pop! Pop! Pop!" sound, like popcorn, was heard coming from the oven!
I raced over, but it was too late.
They were already fallen soldiers when I arrived.



These were the sole survivors . . . 



. . . minus the seeds I already ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.