Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Day 270: Purgatory FastPass

Last Sunday, the priest's homily focused on purgatory, and it got me thinking...
 
What if purgatory is when you have to learn all of your life lessons? When you have to reach the self-knowledge that your lived experiences already gave you the information for?

What if purgatory is the holding place for internal personal reflections needed to better understand yourself, the spirit, and the universe? The things needed to move on?

What if purgatory was the last step of the 'check-out' process?

What if it wasn't viewed as a dreaded or painful thing?

What if purgatory wasn't viewed as 'atoning for sins', but rather learning from them? Granted the lessons will likely be the harder and more difficult. You know, the stuff we don't really like to face in our waking lives. But when we do, it will be perspective changing and freeing.

Obviously, I've never died, so I don't know if this is how it works or not. 
But I can't shake the feeling that this may be the correct idea . . . and the tingling sensation I experienced in my chest upon thinking it leads me to believe there has to be at least a sliver of truth there.

And what if we could do all of this learning BEFORE purgatory??
What if we did the learning now, in order to get a FastPass through the pearly gates, later?

I think we can - with awareness, perspective, and intention.
I think we can - with coaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.