Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Day 22: My Favorite Food Is...Green

Today I made falafel - using an awesome recipe from the back of a bag of dried chickpeas. I've now duly noted that dried chickpeas, instead of canned, seriously up your falafel game.


Monday I made Apple Broccoli Soup. Sounds strange, right? And maybe a little too healthy? As if too healthy was a thing . . . nonsense! What's not nonsense is this soup. It's so tasty and tastes even better the next day - at least in my opinion. Or as the girl from an old Hidden Valley Ranch commercial would say "It really taste-es good!" (gross). I also think it's nice eaten hot or cold, but then again, I'm not a picky eater.


Christmas 2011 I enjoyed the most delightful cup o' joe. Made evermore thrilling thanks to left over dyed sprinkles.


My whole life I've pretty much eaten Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream - but the green kind if I could help it, not the white. I need visual proof of the mint flavor, and green clearly does it.

It's pure coincidence that my face mask happens 
to be the exact same color as my ice cream.

Are you noticing a trend here? It dawned on me mid falafel-making that my Favorite Food Is...Green. Lima beans, avocado, key lime pie - I love them all! It really makes sense. I have SUCH a hard time answering the 'what's your favorite food' question whenever someone asks because there are way too many foods to choose from. So from now on I'm just going to answer that question with a color . . . and hope I have a camera handy to capture their perplexed reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.