Monday, June 19, 2017

Day 21: Caution - Falling Parts

Today I went to Stanley's Produce. The best and cheapest place to get produce!  . . . in my opinion. I've heard others complain, "when I go there all of my food goes bad after a few days!"
[blink, blink]
Well, yeah. That's what normal produce is supposed to do. It's not my fault you don't eat or prep your food right away! If you need lessons on this, catch me after this story - we'll talk.

Anywhosey, I was on my way home after a record time in-and-out of my favorite grocery store, riding the bus. Just a typical ride, such as you would find here:
 
(Photo credit: Blogspot.com)

. . . though a bit less crowded than at other times - which I really appreciated so I could put my bags on the seat next to me. 😃 As the CTA strongly encourages . . .


So there the five of us were, still sitting on the bus, just living in our own worlds when what should bring us back to a collective reality? A loud, metally, clang. Something fell! I quickly scanned the front of the bus for an elderly gentleman's metal cane or a frying pan. But all I, and the man sitting across from me (who refused to make full eye contact and acknowledge the randomness of what just happened) could see was this:


What is it you ask? A hanging handle previously attached to the pole above.


My first thought was, 'whoa, weird.' Then I started thinking how lucky it was that no one was holding on to that particular handle when it disassembled. Imagine if they fell and got hurt! Or fell on someone else and hurt them!! And then they both sued the CTA! Yikes, what a mess that would be . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.