Sunday, June 18, 2017

Day 20: Electronic Denial

Sunday. The weekend bouncer. Giving you one last morning of bliss before kicking you out around 4:00pm to meet Despair on the corner.

What, that's just me? Or should I say WAS just me when I was unhappily employed?

Whether you relate to this drop in morale at the close of the weekend or not, I witnessed today that humans are not the only creatures to experience the Sunday blues.
Case in point: the electronic CVS sign

Note: this image is just to make sure your mind is envisioning the correct type of sign, this occurrence did take place today (despite the 2013 date).

Now that we are all thinking of the same thing, imagine you look at the sign to see today's date and the time, 4:44pm. Before you look away the time changes - to 4:43pm! You do a double take. It's back to 4:44pm.
 - Huh? - 
Were your eyes playing tricks on you? Could that really have happened?

Yep, I believe it could - because it DID. Just proof that CVS doesn't like saying goodbye to the weekend either. Now I'm curious to see what sort of stunts it'd pull on a Monday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.