Saturday, June 10, 2017

Day 12 - High Maintenance

My shoes came in the other day looking for some help.

"I have a big performance on Sunday and I can't let these white soles reveal my age!" the shoes cried.



'No problem, I can help,' I said. And with the assistance of Dr. Sharpie, we got to work . . .



As in most maintenance salons, my client shared EVERYTHING.
". . . when I was young, I never thought I'd be able to tie my laces . . . I just can't stand hot weather - I hate being smelly! I'm more of a fall walker . . . for my big performance all of the other shoes are jet black from heel to toe! I'm so embarrassed of my white soles. I can't wait to see how this turns out - ALL BLACK! I can't wait! . . ."

Progress was slow, but the results were sure to be worth it. Things were really coming along . . .


Just look at that transformation!


Unfortunately, the success was short lived. The shoes dialed me up in a panic the next morning: "It's fading! It's fading! I don't know what to do!!!"

Oh, no! The color didn't take!



Panicked and frustrated, the shoes carried out their day, then raced over to my place as fast as lightning that night for an emergency touch up.

Tomorrow is the shoes' big day, so we're all nervously waiting to hear how it goes and if the procedure holds up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.