Sunday, June 4, 2017

365 Days of Wonder - Day 6

Day 6: Crocodile Hands


The worst thing about winter for me is Crocodile hands - when your hands are ALWAYS dry no matter how much or which type of lotion you use. Not only that, but they form a very visible line at the wrist to indicate the transformation taking place. In honor of summer, and my return to pure human form, I wanted to share an ULTRA life-like representation to really illustrate my winter struggle:


This strange phenomenon reminds me of another type I witnessed in Uganda. While having a small dinner party, I couldn't help but be distracted by a pair of Bear-hands in attendance. I just couldn't keep my eyes off of them for more than a few minutes. Despite the name they weren't hairy, but rather took the shape of a paw, with no real wrist definition to speak of. To really solidify the idea in your mind, take a peak at the research findings below:

*Don't let the shading throw you off, it's just to illustrate how truly bear-like these paws, I mean hands, were.
**And yes, this miraculous gem was gifted to my good friend Katie. I have no doubt she has it up on her wall and gazes at it daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.