Friday, December 2, 2022

Day 287: Something to consider

As I explore different topics and process different thoughts, the primary purpose is presenting something to consider. Something new, something unexpected, something from a slightly different angle. 

The whole point is to show and demonstrate that there's always a different way to approach a topic. 
Always. 
There's no one way or right way. 

It is my hope that in exploring my own thoughts and experiences on a deeper level that I may encourage others to do the same.

During my last coaching session with Audrey it became clear to me how much I struggle with defining a larger goal for myself and the business I'm trying to create. 

I was tasked with writing up a very basic, directional goal for my business. 
Sounds pretty simple. 
It wasn't. 

Because along with goals comes this thing called dreaming. 
Maybe you've heard of it? 
I've certainly touched on it before and I'll touch on it again - no question about it. But in completing my task of actually writing out my goal to work towards, I realize my struggle (still) when it comes to dreaming big. Or perhaps it's really a fear of committing to a dream.

The goal I came up with is: 
I have a thriving coaching business in which I help others find true happiness by getting to know themselves through one-on-one coaching, writing, public speaking, and experiential events.
Super basic.
And yet it was very difficult to assemble this statement.

One foundational aspect of this goal is giving others something new to consider. 

That's the whole point of being someone's coach, of writing this blog, of (one day) speaking about these ideas and creating events in which people can explore them. 

The person considering will always start out as me, but I want to expand that. If I'm being honest, I want to be THE person to spark the desire in another to more deeply understand themselves and the way they experience life. 

I want to be the voice that finally swings open the door and makes things click. The voice someone 'needs to hear it from,' whatever it may be.

To angle it differently, I want to be the gateway to self-development and the addictive hooks it sinks once started. 

That's right, I said it, I want to get people addicted to coaching and self-development!

And this all starts with an idea. 
It may be familiar, it may be new, it may be a different approach than we're used to. And if not new, then a confirmation that the approach we are using is worth considering and continuing to explore more.

At the end of the day, life is really just about exploration. Observing and considering the things that happen in our life, both internal and external.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.