Saturday, February 26, 2022

Day 33: Appreciation

I was at a friend's new apartment recently and he mentioned he has a glass that he just can't get clean. 

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because my hand doesn't fit inside so I can't reach the bottom, really."

"Why don't you just get a bottle brush, then? That way you can reach the bottom."

* * * * * * * * *

This conversation got me thinking . . .

Boy, am I thankful that I don't have that problem! Come to think of it, I've come across very few [kitchen] items that I can't squeeze my hand into in order to properly clean them . . .

uh-oh!

Just kidding!

I really appreciate the size of my hands.

They may not be able to hold as much as others but they can do a whole heck of a lot!

Sometimes it takes seeing the struggles of others to help us appreciate what we have and our own abilities.

When was the last time you took stock of the parts of yourself (physically or mentally) that help you everyday?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.