Friday, February 11, 2022

Day 18: Post Mortem Coffee Break

The spooky cemetery trilogy concludes with a snack.

It was a big day. I was trying something for the very first time. Something seemingly normal that would create fond memories and bad habits for years to come!

It wasn't planned. It was completely spontaneous. Thinking back, I really can't remember how my friend, Josh, and I came to find ourselves in the Dunkin' Donuts parking lot that early autumn day. But somehow, there we were. 

After a much too detailed and philosophical discussion about the establishment's name, we decided the only logical next move would be to carry out the namesake action.

I was about to. . . dunk donuts IN coffee!

It took 23 years for me to reach this pivotal milestone, and my taste buds would never be the same.

 

We entered the store and after a short interrogation of my friend as to what the best donuts for dunking were, we purchased our supplies.

Step one: Get donuts and coffee - DONE!

Step two: Find the perfect inaugural dunking location

This second step was a little trickier . . .

In the store?
No

In the car??
Nope

In that park over there that appears to be fenced in on all sides with no entrance?
Perfect!

We walked the fence looking for a gate. It was hard to find. Honestly, I can't really remember if we climbed over the fence in a low degraded spot or if we did, indeed, find an entrance to the park. Regardless, we made it in and bee-lined to the perfect spot we'd been eyeing from the other side, a nice clean bench.

In our determined focus to find a way to get to the bench, we may have overlooked a few things about it's surroundings . . . 

Like all of the headstones . . . because it wasn't a park at all, it was a cemetery! (Which, as I reflect back, was oddly on trend for me in early adulthood.)

As, we took in the reality of our location, our eyes met . . .

'Eh.' 

With a synchronized shrug of the shoulders we sat down and enjoyed our treats.

I don't know if it was the magic of the cemetery or the excitement of a new experience, but that was a moment that changed my snacking game forever.

 . . . I think it was definitely the cemetery magic, with deceased donut-lovers enhancing the mood . . . 


 "You're gonna love it!"

"Enjoy it extra for me, Sarah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.