Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Day 15: Coffee & Donuts

The idea that coffee and donuts go together was seared into my brain when I was a small child. It's doesn't matter that this pairing came solely from media, facts are facts regardless of where they come from!
[We'll leave this notion to be addressed at a different time.]

Having no first hand experience (or second or third hand, for that matter) with this legendary combination, you can imagine my thrill when I witnessed it for the first time. Or should I say, when I witnessed another person witnessing it for the first time.

It was 2011 and I was inside a Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins shop, enjoying some ice cream with a friend. A family comes in - mom, dad, kid - and orders, then sits down to wait for their items. 

Moments later, a police officer walks in and goes to the counter to place his order.
"Hi, can I get two chocolate glazed donuts and a large coffee?"

'OH MY GOSH!!' 
The dad exclaims as he hops out of his seat. 'You're a cop - and you're ordering coffee and donuts!' 
 

 
The real-life fulfillment of a media stereotype was almost too much for the dad to take. He could not believe what he was seeing in front of him  - and neither could I!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.