Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Day 23: High School Quote

I was listening to a podcast this morning where the host mentioned looking back at their high school yearbook. Specifically, their senior photo page. 

It made me think about mine, and how the quote that I chose, at the time, seemed very random (which is precisely why I chose it). It was this: 

"On the other hand, you have other fingers." 

Super random and, I think, completely made up. What I mean by that is, I'm 99% positive I found the quote in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book.

I bring this up because I started thinking about the quote itself. As random as it seems, it is totally true - on the other hand, we have other fingers. Which, now in my current life and mindset, I definitely take to mean:  
'We always have choices'
 
It might not seem that the choices we have are great, but they are still choices nonetheless. Oftentimes, many of the choices we have available to us are so overlooked that we don't even realize they are there. For example, we have a whole other hand of fingers, but do we ever really think about them?

Who would have thought fingers would ever represent choices in life? Not me! But I sure am glad I made this connection. 
 
Maybe next time I find myself needing to make a decision and having a difficult time, I can remember to look at my hands. Who knows, maybe it'll spark some inspiration.
 
. . . kinda like Christmas magic . . . (if you don't get it, it's ok)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.