Thursday, February 24, 2022

Day 31: Meatloaf, Anyone?

Cooking adventure - Turkey Zucchini Meatloaf with Feta cheese

I have made this in the past and remembered it being quite good. So when I pulled out the pound of ground turkey I had in the freezer, I knew just what to make!

The only thing was . . . I only had half of the called for ground turkey.

Ok, a half-recipe it is! No, problem I'll just make a smaller batch.

Oh, I need marinara sauce? I have some old runny salsa in the back of the fridge . . . I wonder if that will work? Trying it!

I whipped up the recipe and placed it on my pan, trying to shape it into loaf. This proved difficult. 

It was a lot . . . juicier than I remember . . . 

I did my best and shaped my meatloaf into the best looking melty flattened loaf I could. Then I popped it into the oven!

Wait, this is supposed to bake for an hour?! I have to be somewhere in 40 min!

...hmm, half batch . . . half cooking time!

I checked the loaf after my timer went off, about 10 minutes before I had to leave. The recipe said it was done when the internal temp reached 160 degrees.

. . . not quite there. I guess I'll just turn off the oven and leave it in there. It should be fine and fully cooked by the time I return.

When I got home - and after I remembered about the loaf in the oven, I pulled out this beauty.


Now, who's hungry?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.