Thursday, January 5, 2023

Day 321: I Love Writing

I love writing - and making art in general - because I never really know where it's going to take me.

I'll start writing with a topic/key point in mind and by the middle or near end I often find myself on a narrative path I wouldn't have expected (though not always).

Thoughts along the lines of
''Whoa, that took a turn in a different direction. Huh..."
are not uncommon during my writing process.

And that is what I love so much!
The discovery and effortless (almost imperceptible) exploration.
Of ideas.
Of thoughts.
Of mindsets.
Of perspectives.

The hallmark component of any true "Sarah Story" telling is the curvy, random path one is led down in an effort to gather ALL of the 'absolutely necessary' details required to make it to the moral/point of the story . . . which can only occur at the very end (once all hope of there even being a point - by some - has been lost).

Knowing this about my storytelling, it makes a lot of sense why I would enjoy writing for the same reason. Though, thankfully, with writing it's a bit easier to be more concise, however minor.
 
Creating delight (even if it is just for myself) from unexpected direction and perspective that springs from open exploration.

This is my story style.
This is my writing style.
This is my way of being - to a large degree.

And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.