Monday, January 16, 2023

Day 332: Amateur

Well, I just realized that I did not fully know what the word amateur meant. 
 
I always thought an amateur was someone who was unskilled, a beginner, less knowledgeable.

But here I come to find out (while watching Fantastic Fungi on Netflix) that amateur also means:
someone who does something because they love it.
It comes from a French word meaning: 'lover of.' [Don't ask which French word, though 😜]

So, if I were to say I'm an 'amateur nature photographer' or even an 'amateur coach' that would be a good thing.
 
A preferable thing, even.
Because I want to do things that I love.

Now, let me phrase that in another way -
I want to love the things that I do.

I want to be an amateur of life.

In being an amateur my goal, aim, ambition is not to make money. That is never the focus of the amateur.

The focus is giving.
Contributing.
Making the world better by who you are and with what you have to offer.

May we all find the truth, ease and joy we desire in whatever we choose to do and whomever we choose to be.

Amateurs, live on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.