Sunday, January 15, 2023

Day 331: Religious Revelations

I've grown a LOT over the past few years - and especially this past year, 2022.

Over the course of the last 6 months or so a new subject matter slowly started becoming more and more prominent. 

The subject?
Religion and Spirituality

I'm learning a lot about religion - or rather, what religion is not. 

I knew this day would come. A day in which I'd learn that the traditions and routines I grew up with were really just that - Made by men and not by God. 

Or, should I say, put in place with the actionable intentions of men rather than the intentions of God. Or something like that . . .

Anywho, it's cool that as I am coming to find and understand how much of religion, the church - Catholicism, specifically - is rules created to restrict and control others, I'm still not completely turned off by the whole idea. 

I know there are some people that are very quick to dismiss the entire concept of organized religion. And I think that's okay, because, to quote the Bible: "In the beginning . . . "
. . . there was no religion. 

There was only love. 

I'm happy to find that while I feel less compelled to follow organized religion, I'm not turned off by it. 

I can see that there are fundamentally flawed rituals and ways of thinking in all religions. But there are also positive aspects and pieces of true messages from God* [*insert your name for a higher power here] that also exist, interwoven within the human-created. 

And that to me is an uplifting thought.
That, while not all ideas, practices, and organized religion will benefit followers or help them to fully become connected with God*, they do provide hope and basic teachings that people can hang on to. They do provide a sense of community. And perhaps this is a way to tap back into the sense of One Tribe.

I'm loving the absolution of gilt and fear. The encouragement and empowerment to do what I want, like, and enjoy. The removal of outside expectations (this one's just starting to take root).
The desire to really listen to and trust myself.
The desire and excitement to really experience life - and experience God* [aka pure creation].

I'm loving that the interworking between the physical and spiritual worlds are now becoming exposed and logical in my state of understanding.

I'm loving that learning all of this - and everything I've yet to learn - always comes back to me and my happiness.
Me and my wants.
Me and my passions.
Me and my love.
 
Our Love.
The only thing there really is.

I didn't actually get that phrase, before - "Love is all there is."
I don't think I understood it because I didn't really understand love.
But I'm starting to now. And boy does it look (and feel) a whole lot better than whatever else I've been doing my whole life.

Love, happiness, fulfillment, purpose all start and end with the same thing -
You.
Me.
Each of us.
All of us.

Get to know yourself.

It will be the start of your best life yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.