Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Day 201: Hard Dreams

"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

So you've got to let yourself dream it.

Ironically enough, it's the dreaming, not the doing, that's the hardest part.

I should know, I'm experiencing it right now.

The first revelation I had in this direction was realizing that I wanted to be a[n] performer entertainer. I want to be on a stage and share my stories, humor, and experiences with others.

But for the longest time I didn't know that was an actual dream of mine (read - I just uncovered it this year).

Every time an idea in that ballpark floated through my head it was quickly squashed by the voice of my saboteur.

The older you get, the harder it becomes to really dream - and dream big. [Generally speaking]

As we age, we become more bogged down by what others tell us, comparisons, outcomes, and the illusion of absolute certainties. And to dream even slightly outside the box becomes challenging.

The crazy thing I've noticed is when we get to this point we unconsciously think we need to be given permission to dream big.
To go outside of our 'lane' or 'persona'.
To be unrealistic.
To ignore all impossibilities and potential obstacles.

Because of my own experience with this, let me say:

I give you permission to dream BIG.

Bigger than you've dreamed before.

Forget about logistics or how it will happen - just let your innermost desires out. Let them breathe and rise to the highest heights.

Dream so big is scares you.
(but in the excited way)

And know that there is No 'wrong' in dreaming.
There is No 'dumb' in dreaming.
There is No 'selfish,' 'foolish,' or 'childish' in dreaming.

I challenge you to dream up the craziest thing you can imagine!
And then do it again and again!
Believe it or not, dreaming takes practice.

No matter how seasoned of a dreamer you are - I believe in you and you deserve to dream and imagine your heart's desires. 

Go ahead - give it a try. You can do it!

*********

And if you DID give it a try and you were met with incoming thoughts even remotely close to:

But I can't to that...
But I wouldn't be able to do that...
But I don't do that...

Let's talk and we can work together to let your dreams take the reins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.