Thursday, August 11, 2022

Day 188: Duck Slapped

I witnessed the most unexpected altercation.
And it all started with a giant turtle.

I had seen him once before where he appeared a bit timid. But this time he was straight up chilling.

Nothing seemed to phase him - not the other turtles, the fish, me with my camera - nothing.

Also, note the human-like face!

Or so I thought.

Off in the distance I saw a duck headed our way. And she was moving in fast!

By the time she was maybe 5 feet out, all of the turtles began to disperse.

Who was moving the fastest?

The giant turtle.


As the duck closed in on her now empty target, she veered off to the right and out of sight.

Turtle chill mode was once again back on.

The giant turtle, by this time, had slowly begun his descent towards the center of the pond, becoming harder and harder to see.


Then, suddenly, the duck was back! Seemingly out of nowhere. And she was making a bee line straight for the giant turtle!

Through squinting eyes I managed to make out the uptick of speed as the giant turtle tried to escape his apparent nemesis.

But it was to no avail. 
 
 
The next thing I see is the duck overtaking the giant turtle and then a large splash. Water flew up into the sky as if from a cannonball dive.

"Oh my gosh!!!" I exclaimed as my jaw literally dropped.

I looked around to see if anyone else enjoying the pond had witnessed it. Apparently not.

The turtle was nowhere to be seen.
And the duck swam off as if nothing happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.