Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Day 221: Coaching Is . . .

Coaching is not just hiring a personal project manager for your dreams.

Coaching is that AND

  • getting to know yourself on a deeper level
  • gaining an understanding of exactly why you think and do what you do
  • creating your own happiness

 

And boy do I need a Coach. 

I'm so glad I have Audrey!

Especially now as I'm finally starting to get in motion with my own dreams.
Things are starting to feel scary!
Because I'm encountering a lot of new experiences I've never had before.

The most basic (and perhaps indicative of a privileged life) is the experience of challenge.

Up to this point, everything I've pursued has come somewhat naturally to me.
Yes, I've had challenges, but my overall endeavors were not Challeng-ing.

I guess that means I'm used to receiving some form of instant gratification or validation for my efforts. And now I'm moving into territory where nothing is instant or feels natural.

I'm not used to this feeling.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't like it.

It's intimidating as hell and Hazey has been taking FULL advantage to freak me out and commandeer my brain. This is done in attempts to get me to stop trying and protect me from any possibility of disappointment or failure.

Man, I wish that once we worked through insecurities and doubt they would just stay gone.

But that's not how life works.

We are given opportunity after opportunity to strengthen our resiliency, bravery, and trust in ourselves. And it come in the form of fear.

Ugh. Gross.

Why does it have to be so uncomfortable?????

Because that's where learning happens.


Kind of bleak - but very true.

We get to choose what we do when things start to get uncomfortable or scary.

And I choose to use coaching to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.