Friday, September 16, 2022

Day 219: Alignment over Loyalty

I've seen so often on the dating app, Hinge, profiles of men (and I would also assume, women) saying they're looking for loyalty.

For some reason that doesn't sit well with me.
Learning of this search for 'Loyalty' seemed to bring along with it a splash of bad vibes.

I suppose it's because the definition I have of 'loyalty' is strongly associated with 'being forced to pick sides' and 'committing to something no matter what - even if it's not the best for you.'

(Boy, is that perspective telling of previous experiences I've had!!)

You know, like how in tense tv or movie dramas there always seems to be someone questioning another's loyalties when it comes to a moral decision or dilemma.

Due to this, I find that alignment is a much better thing to search for. 

Depending on which dictionary definition you go with, this may or may not make sense.
I'm referring specifically to alignment as:
"a state of agreement or cooperation among persons, groups, nations, etc., with a common cause or viewpoint.
"

This feels WAY better to me!

Why?

Because it allows for the natural and expected growth and change that comes with being alive.

Alignment does not restrict you to one viewpoint forever.

Alignment doesn't keep you chained to the same routines and muted dreams in order to accommodate or please others.

Alignment lets you FLY.
And ensures that whoever is in alignment with you is flying, too. Whatever that flight path may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.