Monday, June 20, 2022

Day 145: Intentional Pick-me-up

I went for a nature walk today looking for a pick-me-up after work. 

Pretty sure I was looking for something to magically grab my attention and throw me into a state of awe. And thus, a sort of reset.

[Because that's what usually happens on a nature walk! I see something really captivating and am filled with delight and awe. After that I always feel so calm and peaceful (if not a little excited)].

Kind of like seeing this photo from a different day.

I was looking for that feeling. 

But I wasn't really looking. I was more so hoping.

If I had been looking I would have sought out the hidden.

But today, I just wanted a quick fix that I didn't have to take any ownership over or exert any extra effort into.

Which is probably why this guy was the most eye catching thing I saw... 


It was a good reminder* that we get what we seek. 

To seek something out requires intention. Without intention, we're resigned to a life of taking what we're given - even if we don't want it.


*my original typo read: It was a god reminder, which I think is also accurate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.