Sunday, June 12, 2022

Day 137: Thoughts of 2019

I found some old thoughts scribbled on scrap paper recently. 

Every time this happens it's always interesting to see what I wrote.
And often, I'll find myself reading something that leaves me feeling (dare I say it?!) inspired or moved in some way.  

[affirmative head nod] 'Ok, past me . . . !'

This time it was the cats & babies idea, obviously.
 
- True story by the way! 
I was riding the bus with my sister years ago and I heard what sounded like a cat.
"Did you hear that?" I asked my sister. "That sounded like a cat!"
I turned around, completely expecting to see a baby behind me somewhere. 
There was no baby.
What I did see was a woman with a cat carrier sitting on her lap and a little kitty face peeking out through the door.
"There IS a cat on the bus!!"
I had never been so excited on public transportation.
Well, that's not true. I was pretty darn excited when I saw the squirrel - but that's a story for another day.

 

You can't see the date, but these thoughts were penned in 2019 - almost to the day, June 9th-ish.

It's always so cool, a bit surprising, and reassuring to see that the new ways of thinking and perspectives I am fully shifting into in present day, were making themselves knows in the past in subtle ways.

It's easy to forget that we really do know the things [thoughts/perspectives/beliefs] that are best for us. These notes are proof - at least to me!

I think the disconnect comes from the lack of awareness and understanding of how to actually incorporate such self-knowledge.

In case you couldn't read from the pictures above, here are the wise bits [edited for spelling/grammar]:

No human is ever destined for just one thing. That's why we change and grow.

 &

No one truly knows, without any doubts, what they are doing.
But we all have our areas that we feel
"completely in our element."
Perhaps it's seeing others in those areas that leads us to
believe the lie that everyone has their life figured out.

With these ideas in mind, we can start to integrate them by asking ourselves:

What growth have I experienced over the years?
What opportunities became available to me because of the growth?
Given the changes I've already experienced, what's possible for me in the future?

When do I feel "completely in my element" (no matter the duration of time)?
What happens when I feel "completely in my element"?
What factors might I be able to incorporate into every day life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.