Saturday, June 18, 2022

Day 143: The only way is Through

If you find yourself feeling resistance, avoidance, or just 'not good' regarding a particular situation, it's likely your inner self trying to tell you something.

And in my experience, the message is generally one I don't care to hear because it means . . . 

I can't go over it

I can't go around it

I have to go through it

Facing any feelings that do not feel good and peaceful is the quickest, most powerful way to shift them. 

It starts with answering - what am I actually feeling?
I don't know, but I don't like it!!

That's fair. If I were to guess what I'm feeling, what might that be? 
. . . ok, ok, I might be feeling . . [x]

Alright, now we're getting somewhere!

Next step - what are the thoughts fueling this feeling?

Continue this processes to chisel down deeper and deeper to get to the core of the discomfort. Even if it doesn't completely remove every ounce of discomfort, it should greatly reduce it's power.

**************

And don't forget, this type of quest into the unknown is only carried out by the brave.
You're a beast.
Don't let your fear laden thoughts convince you otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.