Sunday, June 5, 2022

Day 130: Values Byproduct

hint... it's more values!

As I mentioned yesterday, over time our values can change. The timeline of such a change depends on the person, their situation, and their perspective.
 
Over the past few years, I've been going through a LOT of changes (perspective, mindset, confidence, self-worth, etc, etc). So I've checked in on several different occasions to see where my values were sitting.
 
A few days ago was my latest check-in. I was trying to remember the order of my last ranking but couldn't bring to mind which value rounded out the top 5. 
 
Remembering that I had made some values cards a while back, I pulled them out and looked over the 10 different values represented.

Instantly, I began arranging my top five.
 
Interesting - value #5 has changed!
 

What I realized after was that the remaining five values (peace/calm, achievement, passion, purpose, learning) can only be achieved when one or more of my top 5 are being carried out. 
 
For example, in order for me to feel fully at peace I need to feel a strong sense of connection and joy. Or, for me to experience passion I need creativity and humor leading the mix.
 
All other values in my life are the byproducts of living under the direction of my top values.

Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.