Thursday, April 28, 2022

Day 94: Mountain Man

In my latest session with my coach I was introduced to someone new.

She was to lead me through a guided meditation in which I would meet my 'Inner Guide' - the part of me that is confident, knows what to do, and makes things happen. 

Basically the best parts of me all rolled up into a neat personification.

I was excited to try this out!

I eagerly closed my eyes and took some centering breaths, then hoped the exercise would work and I'd see something in my mind's eye.

First, I was instructed to picture a safe space - noting my surroundings, any sounds, the temperature, everything about it.

A circular clearing, enclosed completely by tall thick bamboo, and a curved bench came into view. There was dappled sunlight and a nice warm breeze.

Am I making this up? How do I know what this looks like? Was I just thinking of peaceful things and forced this image to mind? - STOP! Just go with it and trust that whatever comes up is supposed to.

Next, I am informed that someone is approaching my safe space, and I'm excited to meet them.

The next thing I know, a large figure is coming into view as it travels down the bamboo lined pathway and into the clearing. I see my Inner Guide.

WHOA! What the heck?! Am I making this up!?!?! I would NEVER ever have pictured this as my Inner Guide! 

Before me stands a very tall, very large, very muscular, man with a beard. Clothed in an olive green tank, bandana, and hiker's backpack. Mountain Man.

Wow.

His energy is visceral - exciting, energizing, and magnetic. He has great posture and owns his space.

I'm then instructed to ask him some questions -

I learn that he gets excited by challenges. And if I want to call upon him all I have to do is take a deep breath and feel the energy in my body humming. He told me to remember, "If I'm alive, I can do this."

Finally, I'm told that he has a gift for me.
Oh boy, how am I going to see this one?!

He places something in my hand.
What the heck is that?!

I cannot for the life of me make out what it is. After a little while I can tell it appears to be made out of bamboo - then a sense of knowing tells me it's a whistle. A bamboo whistle - that apparently looks like a pipe, sort of.
Ok, I can roll with this.
But there's more - the whistle comes with a message: "Whenever you call, people are there to help you."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dang. What a cool exercise!!! 

And that happened high on life - 100% stone cold sober.

Because coaching is the freaking bomb!!!!!!!!!

[Cue Jerry Seinfeld]
"So what's the deal with the Inner Guide?"

Well, Jerry, for the sake of length - I'll fill you in on a different day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.