Monday, April 25, 2022

Day 91: Modern Day Connections

I recently set up an online dating profile.

But . . . I'm not completely bought-in to giving it my all.
 
I just REALLY love spending my free time on me. It's the BEST!!

If I were to start dating, would that mean I'd have to SHARE my 'Me Time' with someone else?!

I don't know if I'm ready for that.

After 18 years of sharing literally everything since exiting the womb - and handfuls of years perpetuating invisible beliefs and unhelpful relationship practices - it might take me a while to get caught up on my individual 'Me Time' contentment.

Plus, I have a number of limiting beliefs about dating that still need to be explored. . . (starting with the example above).

Speaking of exploration, have you ever really dug into the way you think about dating or relationships?
 
Or how things "are supposed to be"?
 
It's terrifying!!
 
Not in a spooky way, but in a -   
"oh my gosh, I cannot believe this is a belief I held!" or
 "oh my gosh, I cannot believe this belief skewed how I interpreted 'X'  & 'Y' and influenced how I reacted about 'Z'!"
- kind of way. In my experience, these gems can be quite horrifying to admit.

While scary to see in the light, these explorations are SO important.
  • They help you better understand what you want and don't want.
  • They help you get clear on your priorities and what you are willing to tolerate or not.
  • They help you learn more about yourself.

This last point is key.
 
To everything.

Just think about it, the more you understand yourself and how you operate - not just knowing the likes/dislikes but knowing the reasons why behind them - the easier life becomes. 
 
Not only in making daily and life decisions, but in who you choose to give your time and energy to.

As I slowly feel this dating thing out, and continue to dismantle the secret hidden beliefs that hold my freedom and happiness captive, I'll amuse myself with some very honest dating app prompt answers (that I wish I were brave enough to use in real life).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.