Monday, July 25, 2022

Day 174: Free Birthday Scoop

My twin sister and I recently went to Jeni's Ice Cream to take advantage of a free birthday scoop before it expired.

I'd been planning which flavor I wanted to get on the walk over. I was determined to use this free scoop to the fullest!

Imagine our surprise when, after walking in and mentioning our birthday coupons, we were informed that we can get up to THREE flavors!!

What do I do now?! How do I choose two more flavors, ensuring that I'll love them?!

The only way possible - sampling. And I sampled quite a few flavors.

At last, my scoops were making their way into the waffle bowl. With a little extra helping of the last flavor!

This was going to be great.

Sonia joined me at the table with her ice cream. "Guess what? They gave me extra scoops!"

"Me too!" I replied excitedly. 

And then she sat her bowl down next to mine. 

My excitement took a nose dive.

My bowl was on the right.

"What the heck?! You got so much more than me!"

"I don't know," Sonia responded gleefully. "But you can have some of mine if you want."

Comparisons aside, I thoroughly enjoyed my ice cream. 

While my eyes were initially jealous of Sonia's ice cream serving, my stomach was pleased with what I received.

And for what may have been the first time in SoSa birthday gorging, I didn't walk home in discomfort. 

Moral of the story:
Comparisons will make you under appreciate what you have and jealousy will always end up in a stomachache.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.