Thursday, July 7, 2022

Day 156: Observation love

I love observing.

I love observing so much.
 
When I start to take in everything around me, it's so fun. I get to look at - and really 'see' everything around me.

It's every time I go on a nature walk. Or am somewhere with a lot of people. It can happen at any time, really, but some situations are easier than others. 

Regardless of the setting, observing takes effort and it takes practice.

To observe for fun (and hopefully one day for 'sport') one has to release any judgements and resist the temptation to label things. And be open to following ideas that may seem silly.
 
For instance, take this image...
 

My first thought when seeing this man carrying his tiny bag was:
 
"I wonder what he's carrying in his toiletry bag? I bet he's going to the gym and he's just carrying around a stick of deodorant - and maybe something else."
 
And that thought exploration was enough to provide me a fit of giggles.

What observation delight have you experienced lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.