Thursday, March 10, 2022

Day 45: The Power of Being Where You're At

I shared before about how it can be helpful (and way more stress-free and pleasant) to enjoy the transitions in life. 

Lately, I've been finding myself feeling pressure to move forward into my next transition, to continuously progress, to never stagnate. And it doesn't feel good. 

Within this feeling of pressure is the thought that I 'should' be doing something more, which directly translates to "I'm not doing enough". 

To trace this thought back even further - as if we are studying the root of language - we will find that thoughts of this kind always stem from the base, core belief of "I am not enough."

[Made up random person:] "That's not true, I don't think I'm not enough."

Oh, yeah? Ok, that may be true. 

Though, I challenge you to consider every time you've doubted yourself or your abilities. That doubt is born from some inner belief you hold - regardless of whether it's 'true' or not. When we are able to dig down to the deepest root of our thoughts we find the hidden beliefs that we unconsciously operate from. 

As the saying goes, you don't know what you don't know. So, if you don't know that your life is being directed through this hidden belief of "I am not good enough" or whatever your belief may be, then it will be much harder to 

  • understand why you feel the way you do
  • overcome the obstacles that you encounter
  • feel fulfilled and satisfied

Or simply put, it will be much harder to live a life that feels good.

Ok, back to me -

I took a somewhat lengthy check-in to step outside myself and see where I'm at and what I'm doing, objectively. I started by looking at what I wanted and was working towards. 

My ultimate goal: to build an impactful and thriving coaching business. 

Ok, great - I re-engaged into the reality that this is a future goal and will not be happening all at once or right away. Next step.

I remembered/thought about the next steps I needed to take to get there. For me, this focus weighs heavily on tackling the areas I experience the most resistance, like promoting myself and social media [I'm not a huge fan of either]. 

Fantastic, next steps identified! Then comes the part where I bring in my current reality. What am I currently doing to help further those steps and overcome resistance to them?

It was here that the pressure I had been feeling started to recede. 

This! Starting up a daily writing practice and publishing blog posts, that is what I'm currently doing to move towards my ultimate goal and overcome resistance!

With the acknowledgement of the effort I am putting in every day came a growing sense of pride. I'm stinking proud of myself! 

I may only be on Day 45, but I haven't missed a day yet. And I'm learning more about myself, further instilling and understanding important coaching concepts, and becoming better at sharing my experiences, vulnerabilities, and life lessons with others - all through writing (or drawing) and sharing a new thought each day.

It took a much needed reality check to show me that where I'm at is exactly where I'm meant to be. There is great comfort in reconnecting with the idea that everything in life is a process. Some stages take longer than others. Life isn't a race. Just because someone is at a different place than you are doesn't mean you 'should' be there too.

There's incredible power in being where you're at. To fully embrace and appreciate it. I'm so happy to have come to this realization and look forward to enjoying it for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.