Friday, October 14, 2022

Day 243: Toeing the line of perfection

. . . with my grilled cheese.

I like my bread (or toast) Dark. But not so dark that it's burnt . . . 

So this one really toes the line. Good thing it's on the right of it (at least for my taste). . . 

See??


And strangely enough, the way it looks is exactly how the peanut butter cookie I ate earlier today tasted - though it wasn't burnt.

You just never can tell . . . 
. . . what someone else's preferential criteria will be.

Who knew there'd be a lesson hidden in this nearly burnt-nugget?!

' . . . um, I think I missed the lesson . . ?'
 
The lesson is there is no perfection. 
It doesn't exist.

The fact that all humans have slightly different likes and preferences proves this. We all have our own sets of criteria that we use to interpret and judge the world around us. If something doesn't meet these criteria, we may feel compelled to say it is wrong or flawed. But when things align with our criteria, they couldn't be better. They're perfect.

Perfection is subjective and unique to every human.

So perhaps, perfection is not some ultimate, universal thing, but rather the highest praise we could give when labeling something we like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.