Sunday, October 2, 2022

Day 232: The Female Toupee

 

Is it or isn't it?

I don't know!

I think the uncertainty of the matter makes this sighting especially Spooky.
-------

But you want to know what's more spooky than a toupee - no matter who is wearing it?

Feeling like you need to look a certain way or change yourself in order to fit in or be accepted.

The invisible pressure - from some unidentifiable place - telling us that in some way, shape, or form we are not enough.

We all feel this at different times in life - All of us.
Every.
Single.
Human.

But, we don't have to carry the weight of this pressure. 

Instead, we can use it as a magnifying glass
- to more deeply explore the hidden beliefs and veiled thoughts we have about it
- to uncover and bring to light what we are making this pressure mean about us, individually

Cue horrific music - because this is where things get really scary . . . [When unearthing beliefs you didn't know you had]
'Oh, my gosh, did I really believe that having perfectly coiffed hair is the way to receive validation and self-worth - AND it only counts if it comes from others and not myself?! ?! I don't agree with that at all!!

But as the music and horrifying shock fades, and we are left with our own silence, we can then start to assess, dream, and create.

- How do these beliefs and thoughts limit me?
- What do I want my experience and life to be like in regards to this [particular pressure]?
- What is one small shift I can make (whether in thought or action) that would feel better to me?

The answers that come up, when we are brave enough to be honest with ourselves, will hold the keys to navigating a life with less pressure and less spooky.

Because when you are living a life that feels good to you, no one will ever question if it's a toupee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.