Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Day 99: Daydreamin

[Cue Lupe Fiasco feat. Jill Scott]

I was eating breakfast, listening to my pump-up, Live Life playlist and imagined it playing at the beginning of one of my shows at the Chicago Theater. I'm on stage - dancing willy-nilly to Andy Grammer's "Damn It Feels Good To Be Me" - smiling, feeling silly, and exuding joy.

Last month, I would have considered this an indulgent thought. But now - despite fear I most definitely feel - I consider it a future happening.

Take note of your daydreams. 
 
They aren't just passing thoughts or pipe dreams or even random (despite what past Sarah would have you believe)
 
They are your deepest wants and desires making themselves known.
And, as cliche as it sounds, the only thing keeping them daydreams, is you
 
They could be your day reality . . .

But how do we get there?
How the heck, indeed?!!

I think, it starts with the 5 Ws -
 
Who
What
Where
When
Why

Are we back in Journalism class?! 
 
I'm not sure, I never took Journalism in school. But I do know that these 5 words are the foundation to all investigative thinking. And that's the exact thing we're going to be investigating - a new way to think.
 
This way of thinking is not so limited as we are used to. 
It is so expansive it can be hard to even fathom (I'm still trying to fully wrap my mind around it).
It is not about 'manifesting' or 'willing' anything into existence.

It IS about, first, being honest with yourself. 
And second, being true to who you are.

And that's it! 
 
Simple, right?
 
What?! No! - I don't know what to do with that!!
 
Yeah . . . it's so simple, it can seem quite difficult. 
But don't worry, we can take it a step at a time, together. 

Because remember, this is Sarah's World - and Sarah's World is Awesome - and so are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.