Saturday, September 10, 2011

Craziest Week Ever

This has been one of the craziest weeks ever, at least so far. After starting off on a low note (which was added to by the death of Tara’s grandfather) a light of joy shined upon us on Friday. As the saying goes new life makes losing life easier, Team Africa is happily expecting a new addition. Tara is pregnant!

The whole family went out to dinner to celebrate and I was happy to be able to watch Grace (Tara's husband) tell Edith and Timmy the news. It was quite the show and very entertaining. Here's a picture of the two of them making silly faces in their school uniforms.

And now for happy pictures. The following documents Katie and my Wednesday-night-Chicken-Pot-Pie-Culinary-Adventure.




Oh and tonight we made our own rendition of yellow curry. And it actually turned out really well! Wow, way to go us. If that wasn't enough excitement for the night, I spotted a mouse as it crawled out from under the couch while we were watching past episodes of Chuck. That started up a whole-house search for the little guy after we couldn't find it in the living room. I'm pretty sure it went back outside through the hole in the door, but Katie took a bit more convincing. And she wasn't pleased to see me walk back into the dining room brushing my teeth when I was supposed to be checking the bathroom either. I guess it wasn't the most appropriate moment to be multi-tasking, who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.