Friday, January 28, 2022

Day 4: Perspective is Everything

We all know that hindsight is 20/20, but did we know that perspective is infinite?!

Perspective - also known as the way you see the world - is unique to every human on the planet. Yet we can change our perspectives whenever we want. Though some perspective shifts take greater effort and time than others. 

Over time, our perspectives - our points of view, change. Why? Because we change! We get older, we have different experiences, we meet new people, we learn new skills, we visit different places, we try different foods, and on and on the list goes.

There can be times when having a different perspective than someone else can cause tension or miscommunication. Often this occurs when judgement is placed upon the differing views. One is 'right' so the other must be 'wrong'. When in reality both can be right. They are just right for different people. 

Life isn't a 'one size fits all' kind of experience. It's a 'create your own adventure' experience, meaning you get to choose what feels true and right to you and go with that. And others can choose what seems right and true to them and go with that. We don't all have to view things in the same way or believe the exact same things.We get to choose - in some way or form. Always.

To illustrate these ideas, allow me to share some enjoyable-to-me photos! How many different perspectives can you identify?!

😂 this one gets me every time! What's your take - are tic tacs candy?
 
Brilliant, moronic, or something else?

As I've gotten older, I've come to find that perspective switching is not only an art form, but an enjoyable past time. It helps me to better understand and connect with others (and myself). And most importantly - it allows for me to be more fully entertained by all that I see around me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.