Tuesday, January 25, 2022

365 Days of Wonder: Vol 2 - Take Two

Pencil Snatcher

Several years ago I quit my job in order to save my sanity and to figure out what would really make me happy. Part of this half-brained plan involved regularly taking part in activities I used to enjoy, both near and far in my past. 

Writing was one of these enjoyments. 

Way back when, in elementary school, I used to love writing - stories, poems, you name it. But then somewhere along the way I stopped. I can't remember exactly when it was or why it happened, but something changed in me (or my circumstances) where writing was no longer a go-to past time for enjoyment. I can recall times where I'd have a funny idea pop into my head or think about writing out some thoughts I'd been having lately, but when it came to actually taking action I was met with a MAD case of inertia. I needed a bigger outside force to set my writing in motion.

So, all of that was just a long-winded way of stating that I will begin again what I started several years ago - a daily writing practice. 

365 days. 365 entries. 365 different thoughts and tidbits. And a lot of drawings, too, because I also used to love drawing (7 year old me, "I want to be an artist! And an author. and a scientist and a . . ."). 

I mean, check out these incredible Microsoft Paint skills - there's no denying this talent!

Unidentified force trying to pull a pencil out of a struggling person's hands

*     *     *     *     *    *    *    *    *

What did you love to do when you were young? 

How's that love lookin' now? 

Are you like me and it's been a while since you've done it? Why not blow off the dust and give it a whirl again? See what happens, see how it feels.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.