Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I knew it!

Last Sunday, I decided it was a lovely late morning to sit out on our deck and read for a bit. So I did just that. Just look at that view...
Here is the deck

Here is some of what you can see from the deck - Lubogo Road
So I'm sitting in the shade, reading and enjoying the occasional gentle breeze when I notice an overturned bucket sitting to my right. The only reason I noticed it was because it moved, or at least I thought it did.

I didn't pay much mind to this until about 15 minutes later it moved again . . . twice . . . by itself.  Instantly my mind jumped to my last trip when I heard horror stories about rats appearing in Lori's house. "There's got to be a rat in there!" I thought to myself. Then quickly decided to vacate the deck. As soon as I saw Katie I told her my thought - "I think there is a rat under there! Or i guess it COULD have been the wind but it wasn't really blowing hard enough to move a bucket . . . "

"I'm sure it was the wind," was her reply. But I could tell that's only what she WANTED to think, especially after the rat experience she dealt with last time.

After Sunday I'd forgotten all about the bucket and possible rat. That is until Eva, who helps out with house work a few times a week, came into the dinning room this morning asking, "who put a bucket over a rat?!!"

"I knew it!!!!" I wanted to cry out. But instead I just whispered it to Katie.

In the end, Jesse, the groundskeeper took care of the rat, but I still felt some satisfaction having been right that there was a rat under the bucket . . . even if it would have saved a big scare and disgust had I not forgotten about it and remembered to tell someone. Whoops. Oh well. No harm, no foul - right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.