Thursday, June 27, 2013

Out and About

Well the first trip out and about in town proved to be quite successful. We got our sim cards for our phones and some airtime as well as stopped by The Source Cafe. This was the best part of the day for me because I got to see my friend Maxi - who is now expecting a baby!!! Also, Irene from the gift shop definitely remembered me and I wasn't sure that she would, so naturally that put me on cloud nine. :)

We did pass by Eva at her craft shop on the walk to and from town, but I don't think she remembered me. But that's ok, and to be quite honest, somewhat expected. Many people here think that most Mzungus look the same and if you're working at a craft shop you're guaranteed to see A LOT of them.

Today is Katie's birthday and so far has been a pretty lazy day. Mostly because we haven't started working on our projects yet. Since we don't really have anything planned today (other than a possible meeting with Tara and a woman named Tina) we thought we might embarrassingly play tourist and take pictures around town for you kids to enjoy. ;)

1 comment:

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.