Wednesday, August 3, 2011

INVENT!!!

Earlier today I thought my awkward adventure with Benny and the sewing machine repair shop was over. Apparently I was wrong...
This afternoon I got out my machine to start stitching up some suits. I was just about to put the foot peddle on the ground when I noticed something different on the back of it . . .

'hmm, i don't remember writing being on here before,' I thought as i figuratively scratched my head.

After a much closer examination I discovered the big ol' Assyrian inventor/repairman had left me a choice phrase of inspiration to stay with me always. Or at least as long as I have this particular peddle. This is what it said:

Benny
7 - 7 - 11
INVENT

Wow, never would I have thought that he would keep creeping into my life after fixing my machine a month ago. Well played Benny, well played . . .

After a brief bit of pondering I made a very interesting conclusion. Benny is, I'm starting to piece together, supposed to be to me what Charles Muntz is to Carl and Ellie on UP. Except instead of using the tagline "Adventure is out there!" Benny has chosen the simple, yet effective, 'INVENT!' The main difference being Charles Muntz was idolized by the kids whereas Benny, though nice, is just a tad bit creepy and makes me slightly uncomfortable.

Because this was such a monumental realization I had to document it. Ok that's a lie, really I had to document my findings because I couldn't believe my creepy sewing machine story was still wasn't finished a month later. . .

Just look at the pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.