Thursday, July 7, 2011

Poodles + dreadlocks = AMAZING

I saw my first Rastafarian Poodle the other day on my walk to the lakefront to watch the fireworks. Picture, if you will, a black poodle with the classic hair cut associated with the breed. However, instead of a poof of curls sitting atop the pooch's head there was a patch of dreads. Long, thin, doggie dreads that blew in the wind like Fabio's luscious locks during a photo shoot. Talk about majestic!

Earlier in the day I went to the "beach" with my roomies with the goal of evening out an unsightly chest tan line. While venturing thigh high into the undoubtedly germ infested dirty water I, from out of nowhere, feel something hit me in the back. I immediately run my hand over the assaulted surface only to collect a handful of wet sand. Someone had thrown a glob of wet sand at me!! I quickly spin around and instantly zero in on the culprits, a group of 5 elementary school aged children. "Ooohhhhhhhhhhh" I let out in a menacing tone. 10 little eyes grew larger. I was very tempted to reach down and fling my own sand blob straight back at them, but I didn't know who to aim for. That and I didn't want to have to deal with any angry parents later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! If you know someone else who might be interested in this post, please share.